We are happy to welcome you back to Ignite and want to be sure to keep it safe for everyone. We have been approved to gather from the Public health officer with the following guidelines in place. Youth and parents/guardians please see below:
You are asked not to attend Ignite if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days.
- You have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed case or outbreak.
What if someone in my household or bubble is sick?
- Students may still attend Ignite if a member of their household has COVID-19 symptoms of illness,
provided the student is not sick with COVID-19.
What if my child has allergies?
- Students who experience seasonal allergies, or other COVID-19-like symptoms that are related to an
existing condition, can attend Ignite when they are experiencing these symptoms as normal.
- If you notice a sudden change in the severity or type of symptoms your child normally experiences,
keep your youth at home and seek assessment from a health care provider. Some symptoms can also
be signs of other conditions or medical issues and you may need to seek medical care.
What if my child becomes sick at Ignite?
- If your child begins to experience COVID-19 symptoms at Ignite they are asked to communicate that
information to a leader. They will be separated from the group and parents will be contacted and
asked to pick up that student as soon as possible. The areas that the student had used will be cleaned.
- If a student or leader at Ignite has a confirmed case of COVID-19 we will be in contact with public health officials and will take direction and work with public health authorities for all subsequent actions.
- We will be recording the name and contact information of those who attend.
Group sizes and physical distancing.
- Ignite Wednesday night gatherings are complying with the Provincial Health officer guidelines that
permit gatherings of less than 50 people in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and allow for
physical distancing. If you arrive once 50 people are already in attendance you will be asked to leave.
- Youth will be placed into a small group of less than 20 (likely around 10) with students their own age. In these groups students may be in closer contact with each other, but physical distancing guidelines still apply.
- Wash hands or apply hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the building. Good hygiene is expected,
hand sanitizer, or handwashing will be required several times throughout the evening. Washing (your)
hands regularly and avoid touching your face is one of the best things you can do to prevent infection.
- Masks must be worn while indoors at all times except while drinking water. There will be no eating
while indoors. if you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Games will be adjusted to limit physical contact and repeated touching of certain objects, instead
games will be more individually based relay type games.
- If students cannot comply with these rules they will be given one firm warning and if they continue we
will separate them from the group and call their parents/guardians to pick them up as soon as possible.
Ministry of health’s online self-assessment tool or call 8-1-1 to determine if they need further assessment for
COVID-19 testing by a health-care provider or at a local collection centre.